Unlimited Technology is a fast-growing managed service, cyber and physical security provider with offices throughout the eastern US. We are a dedicated company delivering cutting edge technology solutions to meet our customers’ needs. We offer controlled and monitored access solutions, scale-able cyber security analysis and support, critical life safety systems as well as managed desktop and network security services. Our device-agnostic Exero platform provides real-time full-network monitoring, protection and incident response. We secure the facilities and networks of the world’s leading brands and critical infrastructure.
We are a dynamic company with a work-hard, play hard attitude that offers competitive compensation and benefits and opportunities to learn and work with ground-breaking technology and premier clients. Our team has a wide range of talent and experience and are recognized leaders in the physical and IT security, cyber, and managed services industries.
The Service Technician Level II is responsible for installing, programming, terminating and commissioning a wide range of access control and CCTV products and systems at a customer site. As a customer facing employee, the Security Install Technician Level II must be a personable, knowledgeable self starter who is capable of making sound decisions that are in the best interest of the customer and Unlimited Technology. The Security Install Technician Level II must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to work closely with the sales and operations departments and communicate effectively with clients. Prior to start successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be required to pass drug screening.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Install Access Control and CCTV systems according to engineered drawings.
- Must possess programming skills associated with the UTI product line.
- Program, terminate and commission a wide range of Access Control products and platforms.
- Must be willing to travel to Unlimited Technology offices in the area up to 15% of the time, sometimes on short notice.
- Must be able to identify and resolve issues with CCTV and access control equipment
- Must be able to identify and recommend solutions on issues that have a negative impact on job productivity.
- Thoroughly complete all necessary paperwork and data relating to service tickets.
- Maintain a safe, clean working environment at all times.
- Communicate all activity to the job Project Manager or Field Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Must be willing to assist Level I technicians.
- Maintain the condition and cleanliness of any company provided vehicle.
- Maintain a safe driving record and report any incidents or near misses to management immediately.
- Attend any product or safety training that is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Mastery of all Level I Install Technician responsibilities.
- Minimum 2-4 years of field installation experience in the security environment.
- Solid understanding of data communication protocols. (RS232, 422, 485, etc.)
- Certifications in Software House, AMAG and / or other Access Control platforms.
- Certifications in Pelco, American Dynamics, Bosch and / or other CCTV products.
- Experienced in the installation of door hardware such as strikes and magnetic locks.
- Experienced in reading and comprehending engineered drawings.
- Experienced in the marking up, or “red lining” of drawings post install.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, with MS Word and MS Excel skill sets.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to work well and interact with other UTI employees as well as UTI customers.
- Strong work ethic and teamwork; “can do” attitude and desire to provide best service. Strong interpersonal and communicative Skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision; must be a self starter and quick learner.
- Strong problem solving skills
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
Monday to Friday
We offer a competitive base salary, use of company vehicle and tools, travel compensation, and outstanding benefits like: Health, Dental & Vision insurance with a Company funded HSA, Company-paid life and disability insurance, matched 401(k), and generous vacation time to employees who do great work.