Unlimited Technology is a fast-growing managed service, cyber, physical security, and technology solution provider with offices throughout the eastern US. We are a dedicated company delivering cutting edge technology solutions to meet our customers’ needs. We offer controlled and monitored access solutions, scale-able cyber security analysis and support, critical life safety systems as well as managed desktop and network security services and low voltage solutions. Our device-agnostic Exero platform provides real-time full-network monitoring, protection and incident response. We secure and provide technology solutions to facilities and networks of the world’s leading brands and critical infrastructure.
We are a dynamic company with a work-hard, play-hard attitude that offers competitive compensation and benefits and opportunities to learn and work with ground-breaking technology and premier clients. Our team has a wide range of talent and experience and are recognized leaders in the physical and IT security, cyber, and managed services industries.
The Service Technician is responsible for managing all aspects of access control and CCTV products and systems installed at client sites. The Service Technician must be able to independently install, program, troubleshoot and perform maintenance on electronic devices, power supplies and all network components. S/He will need communicate effectively with the Field Supervisor and present a knowledgeable and engaging image to customers.
The Service Technician must be a self-starter who can make sound decisions that are in the best interest of the project, the customer, and Unlimited Technology. Further, the Service Technician must be able to learn UTI’s device monitoring/management methodologies. S/He must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to work closely with subcontractors and customers. This position requires a valid driver’s license (company vehicle provided).
As a Service Technician, the successful candidate will need to be hard-working, detail-oriented, highly organized and able to work independently to maintain security hardware in the client’s and Unlimited Technology’s best interests.
- Install and service Access Control and CCTV systems according to engineered drawings.
- Must possess programming skills associated with the UTI product line.
- Program, terminate and commission a wide range of Access Control products and platforms.
- Must be willing to travel up to 60% of the time, sometimes on short notice.
- Must be able to identify and resolve issues that would have a negative impact on job productivity.
- Thoroughly complete all necessary paperwork relating to job tickets.
- Maintain a safe, clean working environment at all times.
- Communicate all activity to the job Project Manager or Field Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Must be willing to assist Level I technicians.
- Maintain the condition and cleanliness of any company provided vehicle.
- Maintain a safe driving record and report any incidents or near misses to management immediately.
- Attend any product or safety training that is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Mastery of all Install and service Technician responsibilities.
- Minimum 3-5 years of field installation experience in the security environment.
- Solid understanding of data communication protocols. (RS232, 422, 485, etc.)
- Certifications in Software House, AMAG and / or other Access Control platforms required
- Certifications in Genetec, American Dynamics, Bosch and / or other CCTV products required
- Experienced in the installation of door hardware such as strikes and magnetic locks.
- Experienced in reading and comprehending engineered drawings.
- Experienced in the marking up, or “red lining” of drawings post install.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, with MS Word and MS Excel skill sets.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to work well and interact with other UTI employees as well as UTI customers.
- Strong work ethic and teamwork; “can do” attitude and desire to provide best service. Strong interpersonal and communicative Skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision; must be a self starter and quick learner.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Referral program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Parental leave
- Employee assistance program
We offer a competitive base salary, use of company vehicle and tools, travel compensation, and outstanding benefits like: Health, Dental & Vision insurance with a Company funded HSA, Company-paid life and disability insurance, matched 401(k), and generous vacation time to employees who do great work.