Unlimited Technology Inc. (UTI) is a leading provider of Security solutions and services firm with expert Electrical Engineers, Software Engineers, IT Engineers, Technicians and Project Managers. Unlimited Technology is a fast-growing managed service, cyber and physical security provider with offices throughout the eastern US.
We are a dedicated company delivering cutting edge technology solutions to meet our customers’ needs. With its comprehensive know-how and specific sector knowledge, UTI offers solutions and services from a single source – from professional services to systems integration to software development and management of IT infrastructures.
We are a dynamic company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and opportunities to learn and work with ground-breaking technology. We are looking for an experienced Security Install Technician Level II to join our team in Chester Springs, PA.
The Security Traveling Technician is responsible for installing, programming, terminating and commissioning a wide range of access control and CCTV products and systems. As a customer facing employee, the Security Technician must be a personable, knowledgeable self-starter who is capable of making sound decisions that are in the best interest of the customer and Unlimited Technology. The Security Technician must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to work closely with the sales and operations departments. This position requires passing random drug and alcohol checks.
The incumbent must be willing to travel 3 weeks per month. The schedule is two weeks away including the weekend with significant OT, then home for a long weekend and then away for a 4-day week (the 3rd week of the month) and then home for the final week of the month.
- Travel nationally to customer sites to install security devices.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Install Access Control and CCTV systems according to engineered drawings.
- Must possess programming skills associated with the UTI product line.
- Program, terminate and commission a wide range of Access Control products and platforms.
- Must be willing to travel up to 60% of the time, sometimes on short notice.
- Must be able to identify and resolve issues that would have a negative impact on job productivity.
- Thoroughly complete all necessary paperwork relating to job tickets.
- Maintain a safe, clean working environment at all times.
- Safely work at elevated heights above 12’ using ladders, bucket truck, platform lifts or JLG lifts.
- Communicate all activity to the job Project Manager or Field Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Must be willing to assist Level I technicians.
- Maintain the condition and cleanliness of any company provided vehicle.
- Ensure all UTI and site-specific safety programs are followed.
- Maintain a safe driving record and report any incidents or near misses to management immediately.
- Attend any product or safety training that is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Mastery of all Level I Install Technician responsibilities.
- Minimum 3-5 years of field installation experience in the security environment.
- Solid understanding of data communication protocols. (RS232, 422, 485, etc.)
- Understand network protocols. TCPIP and DCHP
- Certifications in Software House, AMAG and / or other Access Control platforms.
- Demonstrate competencies in IP cameras and systems, such as Sony, Avigilon, Axis and Exacq.
- Experienced in the installation of door hardware such as strikes and magnetic locks.
- Experienced in reading and comprehending engineered drawings.
- Experienced in the marking up, or red lining, of drawings post install.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, with MS Word and MS Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to work well and interact with other UTI employees and customers.
- Strong work ethic and teamwork; “can do” attitude and desire to provide best service.
- Strong interpersonal and communicative Skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision; must be a self-starter and quick learner.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Driver’s License (Preferred)
Security Device Install: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
We offer a competitive base salary, use of company vehicle and tools, travel compensation, and outstanding benefits like: Health, Dental & Vision insurance with a Company funded HSA, Company-paid life and disability insurance, matched 401(k), and generous vacation time to employees who do great work.